Saturday 7th, 11 - 7pm
Embassy Tea Gallery, 195-205 Union Street, London SE1 0LN
Entry: £3 includes £1 charitable donation to the Sickle Cell Society payable on the door, under 16s are free
Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions are back with their annual culturally inspired winter fair. We are pleased to be holding our fourth London Winter Fair on Saturday 7 December at the Embassy Tea Gallery and in Birmingham on Saturday 14 December at the Lighthouse Young People’s Centre.
Since 2010, Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions shopping events have attracted quality exhibitors showcasing the finest selection of merchandise. Many of the items on sale have been naturally/organically produced and handmade.
This unique shopping event brings together entrepreneurs selling culturally inspired gifts, which give shoppers the opportunity to pick up inspiring gifts, which ooze creativity.
Charity: For the second year running we have chosen the Sickle Cell Society as our official charity and we will donate a percentage of proceeds taken on the door from both events.
Kalpna Patel, Sickle Cell Society: “The Sickle Cell Society is delighted to receive support from Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions through their winter fair. This fantastic event will help raise awareness about sickle cell disease amongst the local community”.
The annual Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions winter fairs are a chance to treat yourself and pick up something special for your loved ones too. The family day includes:
- Retailers selling culturally inspired gifts for men, women, and children including hair/beauty products, books, toys, educational gifts, paintings, jewellery, accessories, bags, clothing, gifts for the home, cultural cuisine and greeting cards too…
- Goodie bag and cupcake for the first 50 shoppers
- DJ’s Blaze It Up Entertainment spinning an eclectic mix of tunes
- [Birmingham] For children - mini arts and crafts workshops by Anaisarts
- [Birmingham] a fashion show hosted by Elev8te
- Raffle prizes galore – we are raising funds for the Sickle Cell Society
- Images captured by Mellz Photography [London] | Lensi Photography [Birmingham]
- Pop up café at both venues
Sunday 15th, 12 - 7pm
Gillet Square, Dalston, N16 8AZ
The perfect place for the most original and handcrafted Christmas gifts in the heart of Hackney!
Open The Gate is proudly hosting their unique alternative fair, The African Market, in the heart of Dalston – for a Christmas special, featuring a selection of the most talented designers from Africa and inspired by African cultures.
Original & ethical fashion, accessories, jewellery, shoes as well as Arts & Crafts, homeware, natural beauty products, books, music, arts and more.
Local & international charities are also represented, promoting their actions and raising awareness but also funds by selling goods.
FAMILY ACTIVITIES :
Facepainting, Glitter Tattoos, Drumming Circle with ONE- DRUM collective and other FREE kids activities all afternoon!